Here are the steps we used:
- Open a command prompt on your domain controller. To see the current time difference: w32tm /stripchart /computer: time.windows.com /samples:5 /dataonly
- Open UDP port 123 for outgoing traffic if needed.
- Open UDP port 123 (or a different port you have selected) for incoming NTP traffic.
- Type the following command to configure the PDC emulator and then press ENTER: w32tm /config /manualpeerlist: time.windows.com /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
- The next steps have to be run on the computers in the domain.
- Open a Command Prompt and type the following command and then press ENTER:w32tm /config /syncfromflags: domhier /update
- Type the following command and then press ENTER:net stop w32time
- Type the following command and then press ENTER:net start w32time
Note: You may also use Group Policy to make all the domain clients to sync time with PDC emulator in the domain.